Deft Digital is an emerging Glasgow-based Shopify Ecommerce agency helping independent online brands transform their ecommerce businesses to achieve tremendous growth.
We are seeking a highly capable Shopify Developer to join our close-knit team in building and enhancing class-leading Shopify websites for our diverse range of clients. The ideal candidate will be solution-focused with strong communication skills.
We are Glasgow-based, but this position is open to remote working from anywhere in the UK. We also offer flexible working hours.
This exciting opportunity involves working alongside a talented designer and front-end developer. There is a real opportunity for career progression and to build a development team around you as we continue to grow.
In addition to Shopify development, a key component of the role will be setting up third-party integrations with the Shopify platform including API integrations and data import/export routines where necessary.
The role will involve speaking directly with clients, alongside the project manager, to gather requirements and recommend the most effective solutions for their needs. Solid communication skills and the ability to effectively describe technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders are essential.
- Involvement in project and job scoping, including understanding client requirements and making recommendations as to the most effective solution(s)
- Implement agreed solutions on clients’ websites to improve their website UX and sales
- Work closely with the project manager to determine client priorities and manage workload
- Delegate to our junior front-end developer to enhance workload efficiency
- Assist with Shopify integrations, including creating routines to import and export data to and from external systems where necessary
- Work directly with clients to clarify their needs and rectify any technical issues
- Significant Shopify front and back-end experience
- Communicates well with clients to understand requirements
- Ability to prioritise tasks according to urgency and importance
- Can work effectively in both a team and individually
- Ability to work with APIs, CSV imports/exports and data manipulation
- Familiar with using Git for version control
- Experience in improving website speed for Google Page Speed
- Ability to configure and manage hosting environments
- PHP and WordPress experience
- SQL / database knowledge
- Ability to create external scripts and routines to import/export data e.g. with Python
- Knowledge of Google Analytics tracking implementation
- Exposure to Zapier
If you’re an experienced and qualified candidate and would like to apply, please get in touch today, including your salary expectations.