Salary: £35,000 – £45,000
Location: We are a Glasgow-based ecommerce agency, however, we’re open to remote workers from anywhere in the UK.
Working within a team alongside a talented designer and front-end developers, the ideal candidate will be solution-focused with strong communication skills.
In addition to PHP and WordPress development, a key component of the role will be setting up third-party integrations with the Shopify platform and creating custom scripts, API integrations and routines where necessary.
The role will also include speaking with clients, alongside the project manager, to gather requirements and make recommendations as to the most effective solution for their needs. As such, solid communication skills and the ability to effectively describe technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders are essential.
- Involvement in project scoping, including understanding client requirements and making recommendations as to the most effective solution for the client
- Work closely with the project manager to determine priorities and manage workload
- Managing the websites of several WordPress clients from day one
- Assist with Shopify integrations, including writing custom scripts and routines to import and export data to and from external systems
- We would expect the successful candidate to eventually become highly fluent in the Shopify platform, if not already
- Ability to communicate with clients to understand requirements
- PHP and WordPress experience essential
- Shopify experience preferred, Ruby on Rails skills beneficial
- Ability to work with APIs, CSV imports/exports and data manipulation
- SQL / database knowledge an advantage
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Ability to prioritise tasks depending on urgency and importance
- Ideally used to working with Git for version control
We’re open to F/T, P/T and even freelance opportunities. If you’re an experienced and qualified candidate and would like to apply, please get in touch via the form below with a link to your online portfolio or LinkedIn.